The top concerns are:
1. Infrastructure - community residents are concerned that infrastructure won’t keep up with development plans.
2. Recreational facilities, arenas & programming - concern is that the the current programming has been booking quick, and already creating wait times and backlogs.
3. Protection of farmland, and greenspaces - with the impending development, current residents want to see farmland, greenspaces protected.
4. Support for seniors including housing - seniors want to stay in the community. Support for smaller ‘senior friendly’ homes is needed.
5. Improving emergency services, and ensuring full compliment of staff is supported.
6. Taxes - transparency & efficient use of tax dollars
7. Crime - many residents are concerned with the rise of petty crime
8. Courtice Waterfront - many residents want to see a mixed use waterfront with shops, residences, restaurants, parks, trails, beach and a boat/recreational craft launch.
9. Schools - new school/expansion, and bus support.
10. Employment - Support for small businesses, including attracting good local jobs.
With clarington potentially growing over the next 5-10 years, these are all proactive priorities which are of concern.
I’d like to hear more though.
Is your concern on the list?
Please reach out and let me know via my website: voteforsami.com or give me a call: 9054494370.
I want to hear from you 🤓👍🏼